A. What can the Google Drive integration do?
1. Search for Google Docs via Kipwise and Slack directly
By connecting your Google Drive, you can conduct one single search on Kipwise or Slack, and get relevant results in one place without searching around different places.
E.g. Below is a sample search result using the command /kipwise search [keywords] on Slack
2. Embed Google Docs in Kipwise Pages
Easily embed a Google Docs on a Kipwise Page so you can preview and edit the content directly on Kipwise.
Only the people who have access to the original Google Docs can view/edit.
B. How to connect my Google Drive?
1. Your account admin need to activate the integration first by going to Integrations > Google Drive > click Activate
2. Then individual teammate would need to connect their own Google account so what they can see on Kipwise will follow their own access rights on Google Drive.
C. Related FAQs
1. Which documents my teammates will see in the search results?
Every teammate is required to connect their own Google account. They can only see the documents that they are allowed to view on Google Drive.
2. What will my teammates see if I embed a Google Docs document which they don't have access to?
They will not be able to read it. The embedded block will be an error page to them. Everyone can only view the documents that they have permissions to access.